[Geany] printing the manual...

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed May 28 15:35:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008 06:58:01 -0300, Damián Viano <geany at damianv.com.ar>
wrote:

> On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 10:12:56PM +0200, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 May 2008 10:06:56 -0400, "John Gabriele"
> > <jmg3000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The width value in the stylesheet was chosen out of thin air just
> > > to make the manual more readable in wide browser windows.
> > >
> > > For printing, you might try just shutting off styles altogether
> > > (in your browser: "View --> Page Style --> No Style").
> >
> > This is cool and IMO completely sufficient.
> > Thanks John.
>
> Then why not include the stylesheed only for the screen media? For
> more details:
>
> 	http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/media.html

Thanks Damián, this is exactly what I looked for.
I changed the used stylesheet to apply the settings only for the screen
media, the print media doesn't contain any special colouring or width
settings (plain HTML).
A quick test in Iceweasel (aka Firefox ;-)) seemed to work. Opening the
page normally shows the known format, when using the print preview
the stylesheet isn't used and so no width limiations.