[Geany] ANN: Spellcheck plugin 0.1

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue May 20 16:19:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008 00:55:49 +0000 (UTC), Nik <nsmorte at gmail.com> wrote:

> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at ...> writes:
>
> > - the plugin basically runs also on Windows, i.e. it compiles and
> > loads. I provide a binary dll for Windows user when the next Windows
> > build of Geany is available.
> >

> Hi Enrico, Any chance you could upload the Windows dll somewhere or
> email it to me in the mean time?

A current snapshot is available at
http://geany-plugins.sourceforge.net/spellcheck/spellcheck-0.2svn_r26.zip

Installation notes:

1) you need to install Geany 0.15svn_r2604 (see
http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany/2008-May/003295.html)
2) you need to install Aspell and some dictionaries of your choice
(http://aspell.net/win32/, use the Full installer)
3) download the plugin from the link above
4) extract the included spellcheck.dll to your Geany plugins directory
(usually c:\program files\geany)
5) then copy the file aspell-15.dll to your Geany installation
directory (where geany.exe is located)
6) run Geany and activate the plugin in the plugin manager
(Tools->Plugin Manager)

I think in the future there will be a little installer for the plugin
instead of a zip file (or additionally to it). And I hope there is a
better way than copying the aspell-15.dll into the Geany directory.
A workaround would be to add the bin directory of the Aspell
installation path to the global PATH environment variable, maybe this
could be done via the installer. Not sure at the moment.

Please note, this plugin requires Windows 2000 or newer.