[Geany] ANN: Spellcheck plugin 0.1

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu May 15 17:16:02 UTC 2008

Hi all,

during the last days I worked on a spell check plugin and here we go.

It checks the content of the current document in Geany with
the spell check program Aspell. You can also select a certain text
passage, then the plugin will only check the selected text. All lines
with misspelled words are highlighted with a red squiggly underline and
the wrong words are printed in the messages window at the bottom of
Geany together with available suggestions. For the plugin to work at
all, you need to have the Aspell library installed together with at
least one dictionary. The plugin's configure dialog lists all available
languages/dictionaries which can be used for the spell check.

It requires a recent SVN version of Geany to compile and load, at the
time of writing, revision 2590 should be good.

Website:
http://geany-plugins.sourceforge.net/spellcheck/

Downloads:
http://geany-plugins.sourceforge.net/spellcheck/spellcheck-0.1.tar.bz2
or
http://geany-plugins.sourceforge.net/spellcheck/spellcheck-0.1.tar.gz

Subversion checkout command:

svn checkout
http://geany-plugins.sourceforge.net/svnroot/geany-plugins/trunk/spellcheck

There is still much room for improvements, like the ability to
automatically replace misspelled words with a chosen suggestion or to
add words to user dictionaries.
If anyone wants to work on this or want to maintain this plugin in the
future, just contact me (I will otherwise).