[Geany] Line endings (and a bug in Line Wrapping/long line marker)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue May 13 14:00:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, 8 May 2008 21:05:57 -0400, "John Yeung"
<gallium.arsenide at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I wanted to change their colour,
> > but AFAICT it doesn't seem to support that either.
>
> I don't know Scintilla that well, but the color can be changed in some
> instances in SciTE, implying that Scintilla is capable of doing it.
> It may be up to the lexer to determine whether line breaks belong to
> whitespace or to some other style category.  For example, when I'm
> editing Python in SciTE, I can modify the color of all line breaks
> using the whitespace color setting.  But in C++, line breaks in
> comment or precompiler directive lines get colored as comments or
> precompiler directives, respectively, while other line breaks get
> colored as whitespace.

Indeed. For Geany it's the same basically.
You can change the background colour of the line ending character boxes
by changing the foreground colour in the "default" style in
filetypes.python.
For C, changing the "default" style in filetypes.c would only change
the background colour of the boxes on lines where the last character
has the style whitespace (as John said). If the last character of the
line had a different style, e.g. for comment then this style's
foreground colour is used for the box' background colour.

But as John also said, this is a Scintilla bug/feature/whatever.