[Geany] How do I mark visible spaces too?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu May 8 14:35:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, 8 May 2008 14:20:30 +0200
Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 May 2008 12:38:16 +0100
> Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > I use:
> > translucency=8;44;false;false
>
> This works too, but the marker is to light for my LCD settings.
>
> I've found this here:
>
> white_space=0xc0c0c0;0xffffff;true;true
>
> After changing the last paramter from true to false, it works.

It seems you and Harold Aling found this, but I forgot about it ;-)

> Does geany read both, the filetypes.common from /usr/share/geany and
> than the one from ~/.geany? Whats the right way to change these

Yes, first the system file, then any settings in the user file override
their system file equivalents.

> files? Should I copy the whole filetypes.common and change one entry?
> Should I keep a local copy, or can I have a simple filetypes.common
> with one line (to be more compatible with filetypes.common of
> following releases).

I think the best way (and the docs could be clearer) is to only put the
lines which override system settings in the user file.

Regards,
Nick