[Geany] How do I mark visible spaces too?

Harold Aling h.aling at xxxxx
Thu May 8 11:49:44 UTC 2008

On Thu, 8 May 2008 12:38:16 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 May 2008 08:23:04 +0200
> Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:
>
>> I've enabled the visibility of spaces (these small dots). If I mark
>> some line now (Shift+Cursor), the block isn't solid anymore. The
>> background of the spaces does not change within the block mark.
>>
>> Is there a way to change this? It is really confusing because I can't
>> see, if the indentation of a line is marked too.
>
> Do you mean you can't see the dots of the spaces and arrows of tabs
> when there's a selection? If not could you provide a small screenshot?

I'd guess he's referring to something like this:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.geany.general/773/match=highlight

The proposed 'solution':

"Just change the fourth argument of the setting "white_space" in
filetypes.common[1] to false. Then the set background colour for
whitespace is ignored and you get the same results as on my screenshot.

[1]
http://geany.uvena.de/manual/index.html#special-file-filetypes-common

Regards,
Enrico"