[Geany] Some ideas maybe...

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue May 6 14:35:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, 1 May 2008 18:29:05 +0200
Andreas Mokros <am at medienpensionat.com> wrote:

> Also it would be nice, if I could use snippets across several
> filetypes, e.g. I'd like to use my HTML-snippets also in PHP-files. I
> can copy them to the PHP-section of course, but maybe something like:
> [HTML,PHP]
> could be used for a section?

As Enrico mentioned, you can use the [Default] section to do this.
But we might accept a patch.

> - Templates:
> Is it correct that I can only add templates for defined filetypes? I'd
> like to be able to have a template for XHTML-strict and one for
> XHTML-transitional e.g. and see them in the "New (with
> template)"-menu.

Custom template file support is on the TODO list, so hopefully you will
be able to do this at some point. Something like:

New with template
->Programming
  ->C
    ->file header
    ->main.c
    ->project.h
    ->project.c
    ->...

And I think that these file templates could be read from disk, like
opening a file, rather than caching them. But I'm not sure when it'll
get done ;-)

> - Filetypes:
> Is it possible to add a custom filetype, e.g. Flash-ActionScript and
> tell it to use the cpp-lexer of Scintilla, like you can do in SciTE?

I started some work which is necessary to support this, so probably at
some point you will be able to do it ;-)

Regards,
Nick