[Geany] Some ideas maybe...

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun May 4 17:34:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2 May 2008 23:11:18 +0200, Andreas Mokros
<am at medienpensionat.com> wrote:

> Dominic Hopf wrote:
>
> > > function to reload snippets.conf while Geany is running and make
> > > newly defined snippets work on-the-fly?
> > Nice idea.
>
> Definitely. An editor dialog for snippets would also be nice. Maybe
> that could be done with GeanyLua...

It would be nice but isn't really necessary IMO. Patches/Plugins are
welcome.

But we could add the possibility to reload the snippets data in Geany,
same for the template data.

> > > Also it would be nice, if I could use snippets across several
> > > filetypes, e.g. I'd like to use my HTML-snippets also in
> > > PHP-files.
> > Nice idea too.
>
> Thinking about it, for the PHP/HTML-case it might be useful to have
> subsets, so I could define HTML-snippets and then use all of them in
> PHP as well, same goes for JavaScript/CSS and HTML...

I think it's just enough to write such common snippets in the default
section and then they become available for all filetypes. Things like
[PHP,HTML] would make it too complicated, IMHO.