[Geany] Some ideas maybe...

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun May 4 17:25:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, 02 May 2008 20:10:11 +0200, Dominic Hopf
<dmaphy at googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> > > - Templates:
> > > Is it correct that I can only add templates for defined
> > > filetypes? I'd like to be able to have a template for
> > > XHTML-strict and one for XHTML-transitional e.g. and see them in
> > > the "New (with template)"-menu.
> > Reading the manual of the current version tells me, that there has
> > just to be added a new filetypes.language. I didn't checked that
> > yet.
> Well. The filetype has to be known by Geany. Check against the
> filedefs-directory to see which filetypes are recognized. I tried that
> out with filetype.javascript (which worked) and filetype.xhtml (which
> did not work.)

XHTML is not a filetype in Geany and so filetypes.xhtml doesn't work.
But filetypes.xml or filetypes.html will work.

Quoting the manual:
"Filetype template files are read from the ~/.geany/templates
directory, and are named "filetype." followed by the filetype name,
e.g. "filetype.python", "filetype.sh", etc. If you are unsure about the
filetype name extensions, they are the same as the filetype
configuration file extensions, commonly installed in /usr/share/geany,
with the prefix "filetypes."."