[Geany] problems with GTK 2.12 on Windows

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun May 4 17:13:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, 1 May 2008 00:40:45 -0400, "John Yeung"
<gallium.arsenide at gmail.com> wrote:

> >  If I close preferences with OK or Cancel, things
> >  seem fine, but if I click on the Geany main window while the prefs
> >  dialog is open, then the dialog disappears and Geany becomes
> >  completely unresponsive.  I have to kill it using Windows Task
> >  Manager.
>
> OK, now I feel really stupid.  I can actually get the prefs dialog
> back if I move or minimize the Geany main window.  It's kind of
> unexpected behavior because it's partially modal (blocking most
> operations of Geany's main window) but partially not (allowing itself
> to not be in front).
>
> Maybe this is unexpected to me because I have become too used to
> Windows, which probably has different conventions than most *nix or
> GTK apps.  Sorry for not figuring this out before I sent my previous
> post.

The described problem is completely independent from the OP's problem.
And the hidden prefs and open/save dialogs were fixed in Geany 0.14.
Just update your installation and it will work.