[Geany] Some ideas maybe...

Andreas Mokros am at xxxxx
Fri May 2 21:11:18 UTC 2008

Dominic Hopf wrote:

> > function to reload snippets.conf while Geany is running and make
> > newly defined snippets work on-the-fly?
> Nice idea.

Definitely. An editor dialog for snippets would also be nice. Maybe
that could be done with GeanyLua...
There's that function:
configuration_read_snippets
in keyfile.c, which seems to load the snippets-data.
Would it be a problem to simply add this function to
keybindings/menu-items?

> > Also it would be nice, if I could use snippets across several
> > filetypes, e.g. I'd like to use my HTML-snippets also in PHP-files.
> Nice idea too.

Thinking about it, for the PHP/HTML-case it might be useful to have
subsets, so I could define HTML-snippets and then use all of them in
PHP as well, same goes for JavaScript/CSS and HTML...

> > Is it correct that I can only add templates for defined filetypes?
> Well. The filetype has to be known by Geany. Check against the
> filedefs-directory to see which filetypes are recognized. I tried that
> out with filetype.javascript (which worked) and filetype.xhtml (which
> did not work.)

Yes. I already tried this, hence my question.

> > Is it possible to add a custom filetype, e.g. Flash-ActionScript and
> > tell it to use the cpp-lexer of Scintilla, like you can do in SciTE?
> At the moment this is not possible. Yet. I'm following the development
> in SVN and there seems something to be in work for that. ;)

I saw the branch. Nice...

--
Mockey