[Geany] Some ideas maybe...

Andreas Mokros am at xxxxx
Thu May 1 16:29:05 UTC 2008

Hi.

While playing around with Geany and exploring its features, some ideas
came to my mind that might be nice to have, also some questions:

- Snippets:
Very cool feature. But adding a snippet to snippets.conf apparently
needs a Geany restart to get it working. Would it be possible to add a
function to reload snippets.conf while Geany is running and make newly
defined snippets work on-the-fly?
Also it would be nice, if I could use snippets across several
filetypes, e.g. I'd like to use my HTML-snippets also in PHP-files. I
can copy them to the PHP-section of course, but maybe something like:
[HTML,PHP]
could be used for a section?

- Templates:
Is it correct that I can only add templates for defined filetypes? I'd
like to be able to have a template for XHTML-strict and one for
XHTML-transitional e.g. and see them in the "New (with template)"-menu.

- Filetypes:
Is it possible to add a custom filetype, e.g. Flash-ActionScript and
tell it to use the cpp-lexer of Scintilla, like you can do in SciTE?

--
Mockey