[Geany] problems with GTK 2.12 on Windows

John Yeung gallium.arsenide at xxxxx
Thu May 1 04:40:45 UTC 2008

>  If I close preferences with OK or Cancel, things
>  seem fine, but if I click on the Geany main window while the prefs
>  dialog is open, then the dialog disappears and Geany becomes
>  completely unresponsive.  I have to kill it using Windows Task
>  Manager.

OK, now I feel really stupid.  I can actually get the prefs dialog
back if I move or minimize the Geany main window.  It's kind of
unexpected behavior because it's partially modal (blocking most
operations of Geany's main window) but partially not (allowing itself
to not be in front).

Maybe this is unexpected to me because I have become too used to
Windows, which probably has different conventions than most *nix or
GTK apps.  Sorry for not figuring this out before I sent my previous
post.

John