[Geany] Incremental Search Backward - the third

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Mar 28 17:10:42 UTC 2008

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:55:09 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> So, what to choose?
> - The changing background colour of the text field doesn't take any
> new space on the toolbar but still requires for each backward search
> that the keybinding is pressed.
> - The additional button for backwards search is probably most
> intuitive and most easy to use, but eats some space.

Well, we could make the search backwards button optional in Prefs.

> - Combine both?
> - Anything completely different?
> - Wait other three or four months to discuss again about it? (j/k)

lol ;-)

> > > It would also be nice if the bubble help for the search field
> > > indicated that there is a search backward available.
> >
> > Perhaps, but with the Backwards button this should be pretty clear.
> The tooltip(alias bubble help, a Windows word, or?) shouldn't be the
> problem at all, it's changed in less than a minute.

Yes, I see now that what John meant was to say that there is an
*incremental* search backwards mode available by keybinding as well as
the search backwards button.

Regards,
Nick