[Geany] Fortran fixed/free format

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Mar 28 17:06:40 UTC 2008

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 01:06:23 +0100
Konstantinos Poulios <poulios.konstantinos at googlemail.com> wrote:

> So we need anyway two filetypes for f77 and f90/95. (It is very common
> to combine f77 and f90 files in the same project and geany has to
> compile it).
> My question now is how I could help to get that all solved? I would be
> glad to try a modified version of geany for example.

Wow, Fortran is complicated ;-)

I can't really comment on this, as I know nothing about Fortran, but if
you (or someone else) can program in C and have some time you could look
into adding a new fortran filetype - the instructions are in the HACKING
file in SVN, about halfway down the file.

Regards,
Nick