[Geany] Incremental Search Backward - the third

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Wed Mar 26 17:18:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 17:22:45 +0100
>
>  I'm not sure a toggle button would be good. Perhaps having 2 buttons,
>  like this:
>  [ search text ]  [ B ] [ F ]
>  Where B is for search backwards and F forwards. This would be quicker
>  to use than having to check the toggle button is set correctly before
>  using the find button.

'B' and 'F' might not translate well between languages. What I think
looks good is either

    [<] [search text] [>]

or else

    [^] [search text] [v]

Also, I still think it would be good to visually indicate when you're
in search backward mode. It would just make using the feature feel
more intuitive, IMO. Maybe a hidden preference to color the field
background a light dull yellow when in backward mode? (I suppose there
could also be a corresponding hidden option to set that color value if
you really wanted to be choosey.)

It would also be nice if the bubble help for the search field
indicated that there is a search backward available.

---John