[Geany] Incremental Search Backward - the third

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Mar 26 16:22:45 UTC 2008

Hi,

IIRC this is the first thread about this feature and I want to get it
solved now ;-).

Basically, adding the code is not that hard. The only remaining
question is how to make it accessable for the user.
Nick suggested "Maybe just a keybinding to focus the search box that
sets a reverse search flag, which is cleared when the search box loses
focus would be enough."
So, I think the keybinding would be the major way of using it. Anyway,
I also think we need some kind of visible indication that the
incremental search is in backwards mode.

IIRC Jeff suggested to change the background colour of the search box.

I could think of an additional button between the search box and the
search button in the toolbar (even if this would bloat it a little
more). This additional button would be a toggle button, which is in
normal state (unpressed) if the usual forward incremental search is
active, and it will be toggled(pressed) when the keybinding is pressed
or the user pressed the button directly. So, you can quickly see in
which mode the incremental search would work, the button indicates it.
But it's just an idea.

Any opinions?