[Geany] Generating python bindings (was Re: Query regarding plugin creation)

Yura Siamashka yurand2 at xxxxx
Mon Mar 24 22:48:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:21:21 +0000
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:16:37 -0500
> "Jeff Pohlmeyer" <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Just remove the line that says:
> >   python-config --libs > /dev/null || exit
> >
> > And then change:
> >   $(python-config --includes)
> >
> > To something like this:
> >   -I/usr/include/python2.4
>
> OK, thanks, this works. But (I assume) the generated bindings won't
> work, as swig probably expects the geany functions and global variables
> to be in a shared library. Also there would be problems with looking up
> plugin symbols from Geany, this would need to be coded specially. Still
> it's interesting anyway ;-)

I think

-I/usr/lib/python$(shell python -c "import sys;print sys.version[:3]")

will be better.

My dead project tw-light call python code. It uses swig to generate wrapper to make C/C++ variables and functions available in python code. I think It's source can be used to make python plugin as you described.

project link: http://developer.berlios.de/projects/tw-light/

Related files are here:
http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/tw-light/trunk/source/python/
http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/tw-light/trunk/makefile