[Geany] Generating python bindings (was Re: Query regarding plugin creation)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Mar 24 16:21:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:16:37 -0500
"Jeff Pohlmeyer" <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as this script is concerned, you could probably
> do without it it, provided you at least have the
> Python headers installed.
>
> Just remove the line that says:
>   python-config --libs > /dev/null || exit
>
> And then change:
>   $(python-config --includes)
>
> To something like this:
>   -I/usr/include/python2.4

OK, thanks, this works. But (I assume) the generated bindings won't
work, as swig probably expects the geany functions and global variables
to be in a shared library. Also there would be problems with looking up
plugin symbols from Geany, this would need to be coded specially. Still
it's interesting anyway ;-)

Regards,
Nick