[Geany] Generating python bindings (was Re: Query regarding plugin creation)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Mar 21 17:37:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:17:15 -0500
"Jeff Pohlmeyer" <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > It would be more useful to have Python bindings for the
> > plugin API, so plugins could be written in Python instead
> > of C.
>
> hehe, maybe this could be a start...
>
> It generates 100k+ lines of C code and about 5300 lines of python,
> along with a shared lib - but I have no clue what to do with it!

Thanks, this looks great, but I haven't been able to test it.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get python-config installed (on Fedora 5,
Python 2.4). Fedora seems to have no package for it until v7 or later,
when it's included with Python. So I tried downloading it from:
http://www.red-dove.com/python_config.html

But I'm not sure this is what I need. I installed it with:
python setup.py install

But that just installed a config.py module, which doesn't seem to be
what I want (it ignores --libs, etc).

Anyway, I'll try to test the script on a more recent distro soon.

Regards,
Nick