[Geany] Query regarding plugin creation

S h i v shivakumar.gn at xxxxx
Tue Mar 18 09:20:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> On Tue, March 18, 2008 7:43 am, S h i v wrote:
>
>  > I would like to know if geany supports
>  > [1] plugin creation using python
>
>  Not yet, unfortunaly.
>
>  > [2] dynamic loading of plugins without re-compiling it from sources.
>
>  What do you understand with this?

Two possibilities:
1. I create a shared object and put it under plugins directory and it
gets loaded the next geany is opened.
2. Still better, I write the plugins using scriting language such as
python in a way geany expects and place it under plugins directory and
the next time geany is opened, it loads the plugin.

The advantage of supporting a scripting language is the ease of
development/contribution. Plugins being non-core components can afford
the small overhead of slower execution I suppose.

Anyway, if thought useful, would like to request this as a feature for
future support.

regards
Shiv