[Geany] Find in files -> exclude version control dirs

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Mon Mar 17 05:44:41 UTC 2008

Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> Jeff Pohlmeyer  <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl> wrote:

>  > >  It would be very handy if Geany would have a 'Exclude version control
>  > >  files/dirs' checkbox in the 'Find in files' dialog (which even can be
>  > >  enabled by default)

>  > I just now stumbled across this:
>  >   http://www.petdance.com/ack/
>  > I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like it could be the right tool
>  > for the job.

>  Yeah, the description on the website sounds promising. I'll give it a
>  try.

Looks like I spoke too soon, sorry. Although it does look like a
handy tool for searching from the command line,  the output format
doesn't really fit very well with Geany's find in files output.
(Someone who knows Perl could probably make it work quite easily.)

But it does bring up the idea for some sort of tool to allow for
more fine-grained search options, maybe a plugin or simply a
program (or wrapper) to use instead of grep.

Personally, I am already accustomed to using find+grep from
the command line so this really isn't a high priority for me
anyway.

 - Jeff