[Geany] Installing Windows build tools (was Re: Geany compiling error on Windows)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Mar 14 12:52:12 UTC 2008

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:23:51 +0000
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> You may already have done this, but just in case you downloaded only
> gcc, use the 'Automated MinGW Installer' program:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435
>
> Also you should probably read any documentation for MinGW.
>
> I understand it can be a barrier having to install tools yourself, but
> Geany is meant to be a lightweight IDE, and many people use Geany who
> don't want to do any C programming.

I just added a note on the website about installing build tools on
Windows, it also mentions installing Grep for Find in Files:
http://geany.uvena.de/Support/RunningOnWindows

Regards,
Nick