[Geany] Use path in file browser as 'save as path'

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Mar 13 17:41:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:38:57 +0100
Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl> wrote:

> Dear devs,
>
> It would be very nice if Geany would use the path selected in the file
> browser as the current path. Creating and saving a new file doesn't
> require the user to browse to the desired location then...

Personally, I don't like this. Some of the time it might be
useful, but often I have some other subdirectory open in the file
browser from where I want to save files. I like having to make sure
I'm saving the file in the right place. For projects, the base path is
assumed, but I think this is a good trade off. There's no guarantee the
file browser will have a path anywhere near the project path.

Regards,
Nick