[Geany] Geany compiling error on Windows

Alexandru Guzu alexguzu at xxxxx
Thu Mar 13 14:01:22 UTC 2008

 I installed Geany on Windows but I cannot compile anything. I get the
following error:
"06:48:32: Process failed (Failed to execute helper program (No such file or
directory))"

I ran Geany -d from the command line, but there isn't any difference, and
the error message is almost the same:"
"g_spawn_async_with_pipes() failed: Failed to execute helper program (No
such file or directory)"

Then I found out that Geany also needs a compiler (well, how was I supposed
to know that? When using Visual Studio I don't need to install any
compilers).

In any case I installed MinGW, and i set the path to the g++.exe in Geany,
and still the same error.
This was the path to the compiler: C:\MinGW\bin\g++ -Wall -c "%f"

I also installed cygwin32, and set the path to its g++:
C:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\g++ -Wall -c "%f"
but again the exact same error.

I don't understand why is it so complicated to get to compile a simple
"hello world" program.

If anyone has any idea, I would really appreciate it.