[Geany] Column mode editing

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Mar 12 09:12:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 14:07:00 -0700, chuck <ctl at arrowtwins.com> wrote:

> Given a possibly stupid example of some code:
>
> [example usage]
Ok, thanks for the good example. It's a bit funny, never seen this
before ;-).
If it doesn't break anything, we could add it even I personally probably
won't use it ever. The only disadvantage is that it makes updating
the embedded Scintilla sources a bit harder ;-(.
Anyway, I won't work on the mentioned copy&paste problems.

So, if nobody has any objections I'll commit this code.

> Additional example:
>
> If you wanted to Chnage the word "Chapter" to "Section", you can either
> do a find/replace, or just select the column of "Chapter" and then type
> "Section".
>
> The selection stays there until you move the cursor by arrow keys or the
> mouse.
>
> The typing done in column mode is un-doable.
It works fine here, undo and redo. Tested with the "select chapter and
type section" example.