[Geany] small problem on Linux and big problem on Linux - thanks for your time

Alexandru Guzu alexguzu at xxxxx
Tue Mar 11 19:55:55 UTC 2008

Hello,

Part 1:

I installed Geany on Ubuntu, and I have a small problem:

For some reason Geany cannot build code from a project, it gets permission
denied, and I noticed that it tries to access a root folder.

Why does it want to access that folder? If however, I just open a code file
it compiles & builds right away, no problems. I just thought that creating a
project would be better, but I can't understand why the permission denied
message, and why is it going in /usr/bin/lib or something like that (I'm at
work now, so I can't test.)

Part 2

I successfully installed Geany at work on Windows 2000.

The reason is that I want to work on the same code at home on Linux and at
work on Windows.

The program starts, and I can work on the code. However there is one
problem… I cannot compile.

When I click compile I get the following error:

13:50:06: File C:\USERS\personal\test1\test1.cpp opened(1).

13:50:07: Process failed (Failed to execute child process (No such file or
directory))

I did download and install the most complete version of the binaries, and I
also tried installing the GTK. Still no success.

The files compiles easily on Linux.

Thank you very much for your time!

Alexandru Guzu.