[Geany] Find in files -> exclude version control dirs

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Mar 7 16:57:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 14:50:50 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> Hmm, whatever grep version the user is using, why don't we just change
> the note in the manual to mention both methods equally. So users with
> a grep supporting --exclude-dir and those without will find the
> suitable information(in addition to the grep manpage they have
> probably installed).

Sure, we could write something like 'for GNU Grep >= 2.5.2 use
--exclude-dir=.* --exclude-dir=CVS' - although I haven't tested it as I
don't have it yet ;-) In fact those two options would be so useful
perhaps they should have their own preference 'Ignore hidden
directories and CVS', with a tooltip mentioning the Grep version
needed.

Regards,
Nick