[Geany] Some notes on Geanys project management

Yura Siamashka yurand2 at xxxxx
Tue Mar 4 21:12:51 UTC 2008

Hi

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 13:58 +0100, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> Not really. At least, there is no code to explicitly disable Geany's
> project management support. If this really is an issue and Yura need
> anything specific for his geanyprj plugin to be disabled or something,
> we can add it.

Before doing anything else every callback function in geanyprj close
native geany project if it is opened. Also I hide "Project" menu on
plugin load. This is current disable code.

The main reason why I can't stand using native project manager is
Project session support (IMHO, it is annoying to have all opened files
nuked on project close). But since it can be disabled I think it will be
nice to split geanyprj in 2 part.

1) Add "go to tag def/decl" code to geany native project.
2) Extract rest part "auto switch project based on current file" in
separate plugin.

If you have no objection about tracking project files independent from
project session I will start writting code.

--
Best regards,
Yura Siamashka