[Geany] Some notes on Geanys project management

Joerg Desch jd.vvd at xxxxx
Tue Mar 4 08:25:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 21:02:44 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> CVS is old and there are lots of newer and better SCMs out there ;-).
> SSH with pubkey authentication is encouraged because it's much more
> convenient, more secure and easy to set up.

Yes, that's right. But CVS is easy to install, even on old server
hardware. SVN needs Apache2 and WebDAV and Bazaar is written in Python.
Hm. For me the main reason is, that CVS is the default either in our
company (for hundreds of years now ;-)), and all of my stuff at
sourceforge or berlios uses CVS.

> > * one last thing for now ;-)  My old Laptop has a screen resolution of
> >   1024x768. It would be great to have icons instead of text as lables
> > for the tabs of the sidebar.
> Any ideas for icons to be used?

The hardest job of the world. ;-)

The "silk icons" are a good source of icons or ideas.
(http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/)

I've attached a small PNG with three icons for "symbols". The top most is
normally used for tags. The middle one is something like a class diagram.
Both icons are out of the silk icon package. The last is a stock icon (as
far as I know...)

--
Email: Joerg Desch <jd DOT vvd AT web DOT de>