[Geany] LaTeX tools makeindex bibtex

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sun Jun 15 14:42:27 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sun, June 15, 2008 11:45 am, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> Instead of adding even more very special cases for LaTeX, I'd like
> to remove the special code and make it as every other filetype.

With existing plugin interface a much better way.

> For the mentioned special cases, Makefiles can be used, a separate
> plugin (probably best way).

I know a number of people that are using makefiles for their bigger
documents. I've never tried it.

> There is already a GeanyLatex plugin which adds some more
> functionality, maybe it can be extend to provide better build commands
> for special LaTeX needs and we can remove the special code from Geany's
> core to keep it cleaner.

Extending of GeanyLatex is planned for one of the upcoming versions also
with support for bibtex. Makeindex wasn't on my ToDo-list, but maybe it is
also possible to add support for it. Even I think this will be a bit more
compelcated, since there are als a number of alternative application for
doing stuff of makeindex. I'm guessing for example xindy can do something
like that.
The next step at GeanyLatex will be to update the build system as well as
the binding to Geany's plugin API. But, patches are highly welcome ;)

Regards,
Frank