[Geany] redirect output in the output window of geany -- Windows version

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jun 15 11:39:56 UTC 2008

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:51:22 +0000 (UTC), Wilfried Van Hirtum
<wilfriedvanhirtum at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I use geany  (Windows version 0.14)   for compiling asymptote program
>
> Buid (F9):  asy -V -f pdf "%f"
>
> But when I hit F9, the output and the compiler messages don't show up
> in the output window of geany, but in a separate (black) dos command
> window and rapidly closes after compile time so one has not the time
> to read the messages and the output.
>

> In the linux version of geany (0.14) all works fine though.
>

> Is this a configuration matter or a bug for the Windows version?

It's probably the same issue we had with grep.exe on Windows. Some
programs doesn't work with Geany's way reading stdout/stderr.
Unless someone really work on this, I don't know a solution.