[Geany] posix-style regexp in find/replace

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Thu Jun 12 01:18:11 UTC 2008

Vijay Ramesh wrote:

>[...] why doesn't Geany allow non-greedy matching, [...]

Most likely because Scintilla doesn't.

>[...] how do people deal with this minute but massively irritating detail?

If your copy / paste / transformation actions are largely the same thing
over and over, e.g. copy SQL table definition and transform into
form-handling code or something, then you can create a script to perform
the transformation. I do this with sed scripts, which I hook up as
Custom Commands (see Edit -> Format -> Send selection to), but others
probably use the Lua plugin.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Let the laddie play wi the knife - he'll learn"