[Geany] Unable to compile Geanyprj (no member named 'get_cur_idx')

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Jul 21 12:17:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:28:40 +0200
Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:

> I like Geany and I especially like the fast pace of improvements and
> addition of cool features! What I don't like  is that the plugin API
> seems to change quite often and thus breaks my most favorite plugin:
> geanyprj... ;(

The reason the plugin API is changing so much at the moment is so that
we won't have to change it so much in future. Also a neater plugin API
is one that can grow to support more features of Geany, instead of
being limited, and one that is easier for devs to learn & use.

> Can somebody help me with getting geanyprj to compile again?
>
> The error:
>
> <...>
> geanyprj.c: In function 'reload_project':
> geanyprj.c:55: error: 'struct DocumentFuncs' has no member named
> 'get_cur_idx'

That error is already fixed in geanyprj SVN. Some of the other errors
require geanyprj to be ported to the new API. I expect this will be done
by the next Geany release (if not, I'll help). For now you can use an
older version of Geany.

Regards,
Nick