[Geany] How to compile geanylua?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Jul 14 13:48:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:11:10 +0800
Андрей <oreshka.v.more at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi to all.
>
> I am newbye in geany and non't know c/c++ language. So I don't know
> how to build geanylua plugin for geany. Can anybody explane it for me?
>
> There is geanylua-0.7.0.tar.gz.sig file and some tarballs of geany
> (0.14 and svn).

What version of Geany do you have? As Frank said, for Geany 0.14 you
need the geanylua-0.7.0.tar.gz file (we can probably put this online for
you if you don't have it). Note that this release needs a patch to
compile:
http://lists.uvena.de/geany/2008-March/003095.html

If you have Geany SVN, you can checkout the geany-plugins SVN trunk and
see the geanylua subdirectory (which I recently made compatible).

It might be quite involved to build this from source if you're not
familiar with building software from source. You should check your
distro's instructions and install the common development packages, as
well as GTK development and its dependencies. You'll need to have the
Geany headers installed, which you might need to build Geany from
source to get. The process for both Geany and Geanylua is:

./configure
make
sudo make install

But for geanylua you don't need to use sudo to install.

Regards,
Nick