[Geany] problem with geany-win and running make

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jul 13 13:49:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:16:09 +0200, Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 22:22:28 +0200
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > I guess you are using mingw32-make. When using the make utility
> > bundled with UnxUtils, it will work.
> > See http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=9328.
>
> Ok, here are my results. It doesn't work.
>
> I've checked it with Geany 0.14 too. Neither the WinAVR-make nor the
> UnxUtils make work. Both shows the same behaviour.
>
> Any hints?

To be honest, I have no idea why it doesn't work.

Maybe unrelated but though interesting: with this avr-gcc, can you
compile single files within Geany and get the output in the compiler
window?
File->New (with Template)->C source file
add some nonsense so some compiler errors are triggered and then
compile it with F8. Does it open a console window or does it put the
output in Geany's compiler window?

Do you have both gspawn-win32-helper-console.exe and
gspawn-win32-helper.exe in your Geany installation folder (next to
geany.exe)? Geany 0.14 was missing gspawn-win32-helper-console.exe,
IIRC. You need both.

I guess you use the bundled GTK runtime?

Start Geany with the command line option "-d" which opens an additional
console window and check whether there are any messages printed which
could give a hint (unlikely but better than nothing).

I attached a simply C file to test and the whole output I get when
pressing Shift-F9 in the Geany source directory.