[Geany] Problems with snippets

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jul 13 12:00:51 UTC 2008

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:49:18 +0000, Glenn Ambrose
<glennambrose at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 and have recently installed Geany 0.13. For
> the first day that I used it every thing worked fine including the
> snippets but since then no luck. I checked Keyboard shortcuts and
> Complete snippet is still Tab. The geany.conf has
> complete_snippet=true but if type something like 'if' then <Tab> then
> all I get is, if followed by a Tab.
>
> Can you suggest how I can get the snippets working

Check your snippets.conf in ~/.geany/ and if it doesn't exist then
check /usr/share/geany/snippets.conf.
Also, start Geany from a terminal with the command line argument "-d"
and check whether there are any useful error/warning messages shown.

P.S.: on http://getdeb.net/app/Geany you can find a Geany 0.14 backport
for Ubuntu.