[Geany] Problem: about tabs and indentation.

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Jul 11 14:00:38 UTC 2008

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:00:51 +0200
Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:15:14 +0100
> Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > The 'Tab width' pref should be
> > renamed to 'Indent width', as it works for spaces too.
>
> Not only this, IMO it is necessary to distinguish between tab width
> and indentation width. Does Scintilla support this differentiation?

There's SCI_SETINDENT vs. SCI_SETTABWIDTH, but I haven't tried it:
http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/ScintillaDoc.html#SCI_SETINDENT

> Is the support for "tab width" and "indentation width" a different
> Scintilla configuration? Or is it necessary to add this to the Geany
> core?

What should the difference be?

> To obtain tabs (if enabled) it would be good if 8 (or x) spaces are
> replaced with a tab right after the indentation (Ctrl-I). What is the
> right way to do this? Can you point me to an file/function which
> should be patched?

I don't know what you mean, I'm not sure why we need to replace
spaces/tabs.

Regards,
Nick