[Geany] Problem: about tabs and indentation.

Joerg Desch jd.vvd at xxxxx
Fri Jul 11 07:25:11 UTC 2008

After using Geany for a while, I run into trouble with the Geanys philosophy of indentation.

Geany use the tab key and tab character to do its indentation. The tab with is setup globally for all types of files.

Whats the reason for using a tab to indent a line?

I must say I hate it and it is really hard to live with it.

Is it possible to tell Geany to indent using an "indent width" (on a filetype base!) and than (optionally) replace multiple spaces with tabs?

I'm a long time emacs user and its auto formatting capabilities are unbeatable. So it's really hard to switch...

--
Email: Joerg Desch <jd DOT vvd AT web DOT de>