[Geany] Creating QT4 tag files (was: Re: (no subject))

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jul 3 15:12:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 00:29:56 -0400, djo0012 - <djo0012 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> > This message can have multiple reasons but most likely, your changed
> > include path is not yet correct.
> > According to
> > http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/i386/libqt4-dev/filelist I guess
> > it should be
> >
> > $prefix/include/qt4/Qt
> >
> it was effectively that path.  so I've now a tag file of about 700ko
> but i think it miss a lot of tag, mainly all what is in the widget
> class and subclass I don't know if it's come from geany being not
> able to parse this file or something else but it's this function that
> I mostly use, so the actual tag list isn't mostly helpful (yeah I've
> load the tag file, I have some of the Qt tag working well.) an easy
> example: the tag QSizePolicy work but not setSizePolicy() neither
> than QPushButton.

I'm a little out of ideas.
It seems a sane set of ignore tags has to be set to get most of the QT
headers extracted. After a way too long time of testing, I found these
helpful:

__attribute__
Q_GUI_EXPORT
Q_DECL_EXPORT

To use them, update your Geany to latest SVN version (ignore.tags
wasn't used for generating global tags so far).
Put the above listed tags ~/.geany/ignore_tags and try again.

Then at least setSizePolicy() will be found. But there are probably
tons of other tags which can't be found because Qt's heavy macro usage
will confuse the C++ tags parser.

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't you help anything more on this. Maybe you
should ask someone more familar with Qt.