[Geany] colorscheme utility (set_geany_colors) updated

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Mon Feb 25 19:47:03 UTC 2008

I made a substantial update to my little set_geany_colors script (can
be found at http://www.milliwatt-software.com/jmg/notes/geany.html#Syntax%20highlighting
). If you were using the previous version, note that the colorscheme
file format has been updated: so, if you have any of your own
colorschemes, you'll want to back them up and possibly migrate them to
the updated format (only a few small changes).

The big change to the program is that now it's fully-configurable: the
user may, at their discretion, change which entities (names for things
you have a style set for, ex. "identifier_3") are used for which
filetype-specific style element (i.e. the keys in the filetypes
files). Details are in the set_geany_colors docs in the distribution.
I'm guessing most users will not bother with that though, and just use
the defaults for those mappings.

You can also now specify optional alternative background colors for
most entities. In your colorscheme file, it looks like:

    word_2=green;light_green,bold

Enjoy, and please let me know if you find any problems with it or the
documentation. (Note, it's only been tested on GNU/Linux.).

---John