[Geany] [Patch] draft version of vcdiff support on win32

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Feb 23 17:32:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:32:40 +0100, "Pierre Joye"
<pierre.php at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:03:20 +0100, "Pierre Joye"
> >
> > <pierre.php at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  > Hi!
> >  >
> >  > On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Pierre Joye <pierre.php at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  > > Attached the wrong patch, linux did not use the new plugin function.
> >  > >
> >  > >  Also added $(MAKE) variable for mingw Makefiles, instead of statically
> >  > >  defined "make". My install has mingw32- as prefix for all gnu cmd and
> >  > >  only some exists without.
> >  >
> >  > Any news on this front? Do you need anything more before a commit?
> >  I'll have a look at it tomorrow and then I'll commit it, thanks so far.
> >  Please be patient...
>
> Oh sorry, I did not mean it as "do it now!", I was only wondering if I
> forgot something important :)
>
> I can wait a lot, I use sources on both windows and unix :)
Finally, I added the code to my local working copy and I'll commit the
code soon (the Subversion repository at Sourceforge is currently not
accessible).

Changes:
- renamed geany_w32_spawn_sync in win32_spawn
- added utils_spawn_async() which calls g_spawn_async() on non-Win32
systems, else it calls win32_spawn (for now)
- added GError argument to utils_spawn_* functions
- made helper functions in win32.c static
- some little coding style changes, just cosmetics

Questions:
You told win32_spawn() always creates processes asynchronous? If so, it
should be ok to use it for g_spawn_sync and g_spawn_async calls, right?
I must admit I didn't test the code much, yet.

Do you think it's possible to create g_spawn_async_with_pipes() on
Windows? We use the _with_pipes variant for the whole Build system code
as well as for the Custom commands and Find in Files search. This
doesn't need to be exported to the plugin API but it would be really
useful in Geany itself. But only if you like to and if you have time
for it.