[Geany] Problem compiling Geany

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Feb 23 16:47:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:04:18 +0100, "Pierre Joye"
<pierre.php at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did I mention that I love CMake? (Which supports that by default and
> is crossplatform :-)
Me too.
Two years ago, I did some testing with CMake and it's great. But there
were a few problems when writing a CMakeLists.txt. Also, at this time
there were no way of detecting an installed GTK 2.0 environment. One
had to write the code manually. I think(hope) this is fixed in the
meantime.
But there is still another problem with CMake: it is another dependency
for Geany. Compared to autotools, you need to install cmake in order to
build Geany. Autotools doesn't require to install anything except a
shell interpreter for the configure script. This is the main reason why
I don't work on CMake support although I really like it.

scons has the same problem.