[Geany] Problem compiling Geany

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Feb 22 10:14:45 UTC 2008

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:19:08 +0100, kilo <kg_kilo at freemail.hu> wrote:

Hi,

> I've been compiling & using latest SVN version for quite a long time
> now. Recently *something* has changed and I can not compile it the
> usual way on this PC. configure runs OK, but the later parts of make
> stop with error.
> [...]
> I've attached the complete make log.
> What can be the problem?
the problem is that the geany executable is linked with gcc (the C
compiler) but it has to be linked with g++ (the C++ compiler) because
it will contain C++ code. The question is why it doesn't link anymore
with g++. It's probably because of commit of SVN r2268.

Could you try to update and build SVN r2271? If it fails again, please
do the following steps (in the top source directory):

make distclean
./autogen.sh
make