[Geany] calltips for python?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Feb 20 12:39:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 00:28:52 +0100, Tim Michelsen
<timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de> wrote:

> > Actual calltip support (shown when typing function arguments) for
> > more languages is on the TODO list, but is not a high priority at the
> > moment (ideally someone familiar with each language and C would extend
> > the current parsers).
> Is there not any library that can be build upon?
There is at least one: ctags
And we are using this one. But it only supports (at the moment)
calltips for C-like filetypes.

> I still don't know how other python IDEs succeed in providing this kind
> of autocompletion for any module that one imports.
I assume they are parsing the python modules in some way and extract
the necessary information. (this is only a guess without any knowledge)