[Geany] [Patch] draft version of vcdiff support on win32

Pierre Joye pierre.php at xxxxx
Wed Feb 20 02:24:40 UTC 2008

HI!

On Feb 19, 2008 12:47 PM, Pierre Joye <pierre.php at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh right, compilation and other similar tasks may take longer. I have
> to take a look at how you use it and how you manage the display of
> stdout/stderr. It should not be that hard to adapt my code to do the
> same (The hard part is done now, we get stdout and stderr ;)

Please find the updated patch as attachment. The changes are:

- moved the windows API usage and functions to win32.*
- remove all dialog but when STDERR is not empty, other errors are now
printf'ed to stderr (can use geany_debug later)
- add utils_spawn_sync and utils_spawn_sync to the utils plugin API.
Only utils_spawn_sync is yet implemented

The signature of utils_spawn_sync is nearly the same as the glib's
one. What differs now for windows is:

- GSpawnChildSetupFunc child_setup, gpointer user_data are not used
(not implemented yet)
- Only the PATH flag is used (have to verify what do the other
- GError can't be implemented

It should work well for vcdiff or the "VC" plugin. I have to learn a
bit more about what needs geany (like in builds or run cmd) before
going further with the async version and callbacks.

Comments, ideas, feedbacks welcome,

Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org