[Geany] problems with geany on 800x480 screens

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Feb 17 17:56:49 UTC 2008

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 17:49:26 +0100, Jelle de Jong
<jelledejong at powercraft.nl> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am happy user and maybe future developer of geany, and I am using it
> on my laptop that has a 7" 800x480 screen however it does not fit!!
>
> Would a developer be so kind to change some things in the code like:
>
> My available space to render windows are something like (800x480 - panel
> sizes 2x40) = 800x400)
>
> Change the minimal hard coded sizes of all windows, so main screen and
> setting dialogues.
Well, first you can change the minimum window sizes at your own. Open
src/geany.h, edit GEANY_WINDOW_MINIMAL_WIDTH and
GEANY_WINDOW_MINIMAL_HEIGHT and conpile Geany again.

Anyway, the current minimum sizes in the SVN version and in the 0.13
release are: 550x350.

See also
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=787791&aid=1883367&group_id=153444.