[Geany] "Auto-close quotes and brackets" - addition request

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Dec 18 20:23:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:40:54 +0100, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:

>Dear Geany devs,
>
>After a (short) period of getting used to it, I really like the new
>feature to automatically insert quotes and brackets! It saves me a lot
>of keypresses to construct a piece of code ;)
>
>Except for this example: "$var[] = 'test';"
>
>Instead of typing [] I/we now have to type [ and right arrow key. Same
>goes for "$empty = ''", etc...
>

>My request:
>
>If the next character is the same as the one Geany has inserted
>(/closed), overwrite the previously inserted one.

Sounds like a good idea.

Attached is a patch which might fix it but I didn't test it well and I
want you (Harold, Guillaume, whoever else is using this feature) to
test it before, it might need some tweaking.