[Geany] Editor performance

John Yeung gallium.arsenide at xxxxx
Fri Dec 5 05:40:45 UTC 2008

For what it's worth, I use Windows a lot and Linux almost never.  I
don't watch CPU usage that closely, but for me, SciTE and Geany are
quite fast.  I especially like SciTE because I don't normally use
IDE-like features anyway and SciTE has always been small and fast on
even the wimpiest Windows machine.  The times that I've used Geany, it
felt fine to me.

The point of my reply is simply that if there are problems with
Scintilla, SciTE, or Geany, my guess is that they are absent or not as
severe on Windows.

John