[Geany] Editor performance

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Thu Dec 4 11:22:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 01:35:25 +0100, Jakub Misak <jmisak at centrum.cz> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found Geany some time ago, searching for a simple, small IDE, and
> while it definitely looks very nice, the thing that surprised me
> the most was how incredibly slow the editor was.

Somehow I din't notice the slowness, but scrolling a document in Geany
consumes a full 100% CPU (one core) here while scrolling a document (with
images) in OpenOffice.org only takes ~40% of one core.

I did not check Scite's performance yet...

-H-

(Xubuntu 8.10 / AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+)